Apalachicola Waterfront Bed And Breakfast
World Traveler’s Ideal Destination
For over 23 years, the Apalachicola River Inn has been a destination for travelers from all around the world, seeking the hidden treasures that is Florida’s Forgotten Coast and, of course, to taste our world famous Apalachicola oysters.
Stay and rest a while at our Inn in the historic riverfront district of beautiful downtown Apalachicola. All rooms are riverfront and offer an unspoiled view of the Apalachicola River. Each room is individually decorated, the beds are comfortably appointed with quality linens, comforters and lots of pillows.
Dine in our two restaurants: Caroline’s River Dining and the landmark Boss Oyster. Enjoy libations in the scenic rooftop spoonbill lounge. We will send you on your way in the morning with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast including fresh squeezed orange juice served at Caroline’s and be sure to sit down in our gazebo built above the river.
Watch the local traffic glide by, splashing porpoises, passing manatees, the huge decades old gator that lives across the river, a family of crafty otters hugging the river’s edge, shrimp boats and oyster boats getting an early starts on the day, a gliding pelican eying the river for breakfast, always busy seagulls and our magnificent bald eagles. The sunrise is legendary.
Step out your door into historic downtown Apalachicola, featuring local artists, clothing and antique shops and a variety of wonderful restaurants.
For nature lovers, the Apalachicola River and Bay as well as the adjoining Golf of Mexico offer some of the best fishing in the U.S. River tours are available. Seasonal fishing guides are plentiful in the area. We are proud to have three of the best in the panhandle moored in the area. These guides rarely come home empty handed and you can inquire at our reception desk for their phone numbers or online contact information. Just 10 miles away is gorgeous St. George Island with beaches rated best in the United States.
We welcome you to Oyster Town– the Oyster Republic in beautiful Apalachicola, Florida.
- We accept all major credit cards
- A one night credit card deposit is required to guarantee a reservation
- The Inn is a non-smoking facility. Designated smoking areas are located on the property.
- Check in time is 3:00 PM, check out time is 11:00 AM
- Cancellations require a 72-hour advance notice for a refund, however we will refund the deposit if we are able to rent the room. This does not apply to holidays and special events
- We welcome pets! A $15.00 per night fee will be assessed for small dogs and $25.00 per night for larger dogs (knee-high or larger).
We greatly appreciate your consideration of our other guests and please remember that we are in the Eastern Time Zone.